- Tribe: Laguna
- Condition: New. No damage.
- Size: 1-1/2" Long (including hook) x 1/2"
- Artisan: Greg Lewis
- Materials: Sterling Silver
- Item Weight: 8 Grams Total / 4 Grams each
- Hallmark: Unmarked, purchased from artist.
These beautiful high quality Native American handmade Sterling silver squash blossom dangle earrings were handmade by Laguna Pueblo artist Greg Lewis. The squash blossom necklace is one of the most iconic designs in Native American jewelry. Originally a combination of pomegranate shaped buttons used to bind Spanish leather pants and the head stalls of horses used to ward off the "evil eye". Obviously, Lewis was aware of this history when he created these beautiful earrings. They hearken back to the original pomegranate design!!! He adds two stamped silver drops to the handmade french hooks to complete these lovely dangle earrings.