- Tribe: Zuni
- Condition: Excellent condition with no damage to Coral, Stones, Shell or Silver
- Size: Overall Length: 25”+; Fetishes (67): 1” – 5/8”
- Artisan: Peter and Dinah Gasper
- Materials: Coral, turquoise, jet, Shell, tourmaline, mother-of-pearl, silver, string
- Item Weight: 99 Grams / over 3-1/2 ounces
- Hallmark: Unsigned as is typical for fetish necklaces
Sixty-Seven fetishes handmade by Zuni Pueblo master lapidaries (stone workers), Dinah and Peter Gasper, decorate this three strand coral necklace. The wonderful foxes, wolves, turtles, birds, and bear are made of coral, turquoise, jet, Shell, tourmaline, and mother-of-pearl. The beads are made of natural coral with sterling silver tips, hook and eye and are strung on white string. Peter (1938 - 2011) and Dinah (1944 - ) Gasper (Zuni Pueblo) have won more awards for their Zuni fetish carvings and necklaces than any other Zuni EVER. Peter passed away in 2011. Dinah Gasper is the daughter of Edna Leki and the granddaughter of renowned carver Teddy Weahkee. The Weahkee family of carvers is among the most important and inspirational fetish carvers in Zuni.